Risk Disclosure Statement
Investment involves risks. Investment Products available in the Xignal&MT platform may include single or multiple Digital Assets as assets or as underlying assets, which the performance of the Investment Product is affected by or linked to, collectively known as Investment Products. Trading in Digital Assets and Investment Products entails significant risks of financial loss. You should not commit funds to trading in Digital Assets or Investment Products that you are not prepared to lose entirely. Market prices for Digital Assets or Investment Products can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Assets or Investment Product will move up or down is a speculation and unknowable.
You should not trade in Digital Assets or Investment Products unless you understand the associated risks. This Risk Disclosure Statement discusses some of the principal risks of trading in Digital Assets and Investment Products, but it does not and cannot describe every risk or consideration involved in holding or trading in Digital Assets or other Investment Products. This Risk Disclosure Statement forms a part of, and utilizes certain terms that are defined in, the Terms and Conditions of services.
Risks of trading Digital Assets and other Investment Products include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Digital Assets Market Risk:Market prices for Digital Assets and Investment Products can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Assets or Investment Product will move up or down or even sustain a market value is a speculation and unknowable. Xignal&MT makes no representations or warranties about whether Digital Assets will always continue to trade in the Digital Assets trading market, and this will seriously affect all Investment Products with that Digital Assets as assets or as underlying assets. Any Digital Assets or Investment Product is subject to delisting without prior notice in the sole discretion of Xignal&MT.
- Liquidity Risk:Markets for Digital Assets and Investment Products can at times become what is known as “illiquid,” which means there can be a scarcity of persons who are willing to trade at any one time. Thinly traded or illiquid markets have potential increased risk of loss because they can experience high volatility of prices and in such markets market participants may find it impossible to liquidate market positions except at very unfavorable prices. There is no guarantee that the markets for any Digital Assets or Investment Product will be active and liquid or permit you to establish or liquidate positions in the Digital Assets when desired or at favorable prices.
- Legal Risk:The legality of Digital Assets or trading of them may not be clear and may vary under the laws of different jurisdictions throughout the world. This can mean that the legality of holding or trading Digital Assets or Investment Products, is not always clear. Whether and on what basis an Digital Assets or Investment Product may constitute property, an asset, or a right of any kind, might vary from one jurisdiction to another. You are responsible for knowing and understanding how the laws applicable to you or your property, rights or assets or to lending address, limit, regulate, and tax the Digital Assets or Investment Products you trade.
- Digital Assets Wallet Risks:In the Xignal&MT Investment Platform, the Digital Assets or Investment Products transferred into your Digital Assets Wallet may be commingled with the Digital Assets or Investment Products of other users of the Site and with the Digital Assets or Investment Products of Xignal&MT and its Affiliates. Xignal&MT and its Affiliates are permitted to use your Digital Assets or Investment Products for their own benefit, investment, and use while accounting for them in your Digital Assets Wallet. Transferring your Digital Assets or Investment Products into your Digital Assets Wallet exposes your Digital Assets or Investment Products to risks of total loss from, among others things, security breaches from cyber attacks that hack and steal Digital Assets or Investment Products, electronic or technological failures that impede or prevent market access and market performance, recordkeeping errors, and any insolvency, bankruptcy, or material financial losses of or incurred by Xignal&MT or any of its Affiliates
- Risk of Digital Assets Wallet Freeze:Xignal&MT may freeze your Digital Assets Wallet in the event that you are believed to be engaged in suspicious activity or to be in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of services. If your Digital Assets Wallet is frozen, you will not be able to trade or to make transfers to or from your Digital Assets Wallet. This may result in the closure of your open orders.
- Market Default Risk:Xignal&MT operates and administers the investment platform for the Digital Assets or Investment Products, but Xignal&MT has no financial responsibility or liability for any failure of market participants to honor their financial obligations. There is always a risk that one or more market participants will renege, default, or otherwise fail to honor their financial obligations or will be unwilling or unable to abide by the terms of their agreements. In the event that risk materializes, other market participants can and likely will incur financial losses or reductions in gains from their own open positions in Digital Assets or Investment Products.
Xignal&MT uses our banking providers in order to receive client moneys and making payments. Our banking providers DO NOT transfer Digital Assets or provide any services in connection with Digital Assets.
By accessing Xignal&MT and using Xignal&MT’s Services you need to understand and accept the risks that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Digital Assets are not legal tender and are not backed by the government.
- The value of Digital Assets may be derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange Digital Assets for Digital Assets, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular Digital Assets should the market for that Digital Assets disappear.
- The volatility and unpredictability of the price of Digital Asset relative to Fiat Currency may result in significant loss over a short period of time.
- Trading in Digital Assets is susceptible to irrational market forces.
- The nature of Digital Assets may lead to an increased risk of financial crime or cyber-attack, and may mean that technological difficulties experienced by Xignal&MT may prevent the access to or use of your Digital Assets.
- There is limited or, in some cases, no mechanism for the recovery of lost or stolen Digital Assets.
- Transactions in Digital Assets may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable.
- There are risks of Digital Assets with regard to anonymity, accidental transactions, transaction recording, and settlement.
- There is no assurance that a person who accepts a Digital Asset as payment today will continue to do so in the future.
- Any links to Digital Assets related activity outside the Astana International Financial Centre (“AIFC”), which may be unregulated or subject to limited regulation.
- Any regulatory changes or actions by the Astana Financial Services Authority or Non-AIFC Regulator may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of a Digital Asset.
- The risk of loss in trading Digital Assets may be substantial and losses may occur over a short period of time.
- The price and liquidity of Digital Assets has been subject to large fluctuations in the past and may be subject to large fluctuations in the future.
- In your jurisdiction, Xignal&MT may not be regulated as a financial institution.
- Some Digital Assets transactions shall be deemed to be made when recorded on a public ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that you initiated the transaction.
You agree and understand that you are solely responsible for determining the nature, potential value, suitability, and appropriateness of these risks for yourself. There may be additional risks that Xignal&MT has not foreseen or identified in our Terms and Conditions of services. You agree and understand that you access and use Xignal&MT platform at your own risk. You should carefully assess whether your financial situation and tolerance for risk is suitable for buying, selling or trading Digital Assets. You should be aware that you may sustain a total loss of the funds in your Xignal&MT Account, and that under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position.
- No Tax Advice - Please also note that Xignal&MT does not offer tax advice of any nature and whilst we may provide information or express opinions from time to time, such information or opinions are not offered as tax advice. You should decide upon any dealing only after having made all such enquiries and assessments as you consider appropriate, and you should place no reliance on us to give advice or make recommendations.
- Independent Advice – You should not only base on com site, the Xignal&MT mobile application or other Xignal&MT electronic platform alone to make investment decisions. If you are in any doubt about the risks involved in any trading or investment arrangements or you are uncertain of or have not understood any aspect of this Risk Disclosure Statement, you should seek independent professional advice.
- Applicable Laws - You also confirm that you are aware of and fully understand all Applicable Laws to which you are subject to and that you are entitled and/or authorized under or by such laws, regulations and/or directives to enter into any Transaction you choose to enter into.